Monday, October 14, 2013

My life in photos (Part 1)


I spent my entire senior year engulfed in art, out of the 8 classes I took, half were art. This was a piece from my concentration portion of my AP 2D design portfolio, I scored a 5 out of 5, it's one of my proudest achievements.

This is a piece from the breadth section of my portfolio, this was one of my favorites I took all year because it reminds me of the abandoned mental hospital by my house, where I spent many days photography the urban decay. My county tore it down this summer, it was like a rite of passage for all the local kids to survive "Henryton" 

The colors look funky on this screen. I took this in Maine last summer, It was such a nice low key vacation, and I got to sit and sketch the bay for a couple of hours, it was incredibly relaxing.

I took this on my phone so the quality is not too good. But the signifigance of this photo is that I took it on my last day of senior year, I went to the reservoir by my school before it started, it was such a bittersweet day. High school ended but the best summer of my life to date started, and I started the next chapter in my life.
This was a photo that I took in Granada, Spain, last summer. My sister was studying there so I went to visit her, I fell in love with the culture, the art, the people, the food, the language, it is definitely a place I would happily go back to.


8 comments:

  1. You're really good at photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the photo you took in Granada, Spain that is so cool that you and your sister want there for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say about your pictures is wow, wow, wow. You've taken some of the best pictures I've ever seen! They're all very professional and creative. My favorite is probably the Maine one. I think the colors make it look very old-fashioned and nostalgic. It really captures the beauty of that state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style of photography. You've got a very good eye for perfect photo moments. Maybe you could give me some hints on how to get started sometime. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I appreciate that! and of course! photography is such an underrated art form, it is so much more than just "point-and-shoot."

      Delete
  5. You are very good at photography! The pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those pictures are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete